For over 235 years the company has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world’s leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. We power individuals and institutions to succeed in the global economy providing investment management, investment services and wealth management.
With a dedicated business presence on six continents and in 35 countries, the bank delivers global scale at the local level.
Our organizational culture stands on solid values – Integrity, Strength in Diversity, Passion for Excellence and Courage to Lead. Our guiding principles drive us to always do what’s right, helping everyone feel included on the way, to take the risks necessary to lead and get things done.
Operations bring together the bank’s key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. Operations help clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 36 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - Operations are working to make the company the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Operations manage investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
The Alternative Investment Services (AIS) Fund Accounting Department is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate preparation of daily net asset value (NAV) for a number of complex Hedge Funds, Credit Funds, Private Market Funds, Real Estate Funds and Hybrid Funds investing in a wide variety of financial instrument types.
We are looking for candidates who have:
- The Value Added Tax (VAT) preparation for all the foreign countries other than Germany in which the clients hold direct assets.
- Review of the VAT computations prepared by the local tax advisors based on the data received from the company and local Property Managers.
- Monthly VAT preparation for German reporting purposes.
- Preparation of the payment advices for all the tax related payments.
- Managing the tax calendar on a daily basis in order to meet the tax deadlines.
- Collecting the tax values from the local tax advisors for the tax planning and CGT calculations’ purposes.
- Handling ad-hoc clients’ requests regarding VAT, CIT and CGT related topics.
- Escalates atypical transactions to senior team members.
- Drafts reports for clients regarding the performance of funds
What we offer:
- Fluency in English (German would be an asset).
- An interest in a career in financial services.
- Finance university background or similar field will be an advantage, however we equally welcome graduates of all degrees.
- Proactive, focused attitude towards work and an ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- PC literacy, including proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office (especially Excel)
- Accounts payable experience is a plus.
- Real estate and investment accounting experience/education as a plus.
What you need to do now?
- Full time contract of employment
- City Centre locations close to main railway station and flexible working arrangements
- Flexible benefits package, including life and medical insurance, health screening, fitness discount programme, employee assistance program
- Award-winning Wellbeing Program supporting you with your unique health and wellbeing needs
- Pension scheme
- On-site childcare and a parental buddy programme
- Exciting opportunities for career and global mobility
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Employee Referral Program
- Recognition programmes
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in charity projects and Employee Resource
- Groups (ERGs)
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV.