For our Client, leader of process automation solutions and services dedicated to customers from the process industries: power generation, marine, and oil & gas, pulp&paper we are looking for a Project Engineer.
In this role you are responsible for the technical implementation of project engineering deliveries ensuring timeliness and meeting of customer expectations.
The main tasks are to design Marine Automation Control System (hardware and system design and/or application engineering: 70-80% time), test and commission the product in the yards: mostly in France, Germany, Norway, Italy (typically up to 20-30% time)
B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in automation (or similar) is very good background for this position. In addition, you have skills related to distributed control systems (DCS) and/or programmable logic controllers (PLC), automation engineering (programming in function block diagram language). Process knowhow of Marine and/or experience related to DCS/PLC control systems is considered as a strength.
You are familiar with engineering related quality. You are a customer oriented self-driven team player, having the abilities to cooperate in project team. To be successful in this role you should have fluent written and spoken English & Polish communication. Good German, French or Italian communication skills would be an additional strength. You should have good Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel) and driving license (at least B category)
What is more you will be responsible for:
- Creating application engineering (programming of our DCS in FBD, SFC based languages, graphic displays creation) according to Customer requirements and descriptions.
- Participate in the internal testing and customer Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT)
- Assure the completion of application in given scope and schedule
- Perform high level engineering Valmet DNA in other areas; data link (Modbus, Profibus and other applicable for project) and system conversions or migrations
- Prepare, perform and/or supervise I/Os (data link signals) checkout
- Advanced troubleshooting during the testing and commissioning phases of the project
- Participate in automation system trials and takeover of project
- Provide training for customer operations and maintenance personnel
- Finalizing system documentation and prepare commissioning reports
- Actively participate in project feedbacks meeting (lessons learned and improvement proposals)
- Reporting progress of project work to Project Lead Engineer and/or Project Manager
Our Client offers:
- Cooperation in global professionals’ network, work with well-known brand, programming/designing our own DCS and interesting and challenging position in project organization.
- You will have possibility to develop yourself and together with other professionals, take our customers’ business forward.