Your new company
For our Client, FinTech Company, located in Cracow, we are currently looking for a person interested in the role of a Lead Data Engineer.
Your new role
We are looking for a Lead Data Engineer that will lead Data Enablement Team that consists of an Analytics Engineer, Data Curator and Technical Data Analyst. The responsibility of the team is to support and improve our data operations across the whole organisation including provisioning and maintaining a shared data infrastructure. You will closely cooperate with Data Science and other Engineering teams.
The data platform is built in line with the modern data stack approach, leveraging cloud-native solutions. Client keeps technical debt minimal and use the latest technologies. This role consists of hands-on contribution, leading the team and coordinating the efforts with other leaders.The organisation structure is flat and we focus on delivering the business value and striving with technical excellence in a smart way - DataOps methodology is used on a daily basis.
You will focus on:
What you'll need to succeed
- Spearheading the development of analytics engineering best practises that will enable data consumers to work efficiently as the central resource for Analytics Engineering expertise
- Partnering with the Product Engineering team to ensure we are capturing the data we need from applications for analytics and to iterate on development practises for the data analytics team. Partner with product managers, data + software engineers, and business stakeholders to obtain a holistic understanding of each team's data needs and translate into infrastructure and tooling that enables a data-driven culture
- Leading a team of analytics engineers in building a portfolio of enhanced, cutting-edge business intelligence capabilities that empower data analysts, scientists, go-to-market teams, and other data consumers
- Building and supporting modern data stack (hands on)
- Expertise in SQL
- Python or other scripting languages
- Data platform architecture – with the ability to understand the context of a business need and build a system that addresses it
- Understanding of ELT approach, agile methodologies (DataOps), big data technologies and analytics platforms
- Excellent communication skills to work with stakeholders to translate business needs and ideas into tractable work items
- Experience with the cloud-native data warehouse (preferable BigQuery, GCS) and modern data stack (esp. DBT)
- Experience in cooperating with data analytics/data science team
- Leadership experience
- Fluent in both spoken and written English
- 3+ years experience as a data architect, data engineer, BI engineer or related role
Nice to have:
What you'll get in return
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics or related field
- Experience in working with ELT in DataOps approach using cloud
Our Client offers interesting and challenging career paths and wide range of benefits. Moreover, you will experience great working atmosphere and attractive compensation.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. #1160295