Satellogic is a vertically integrated Earth Observation satellite and data company. We design, manufacture, and operate our own fleet of satellites, the Aleph-1 constellation, which delivers high-frequency, high-resolution imagery plus full-motion video.
Earth Observation imagery and data are key to monitoring change at scale, informing critical decisions, and ultimately helping solve the world’s most pressing problems. Our mission is to democratize access to this information, making it affordable and available for those who need it across a wide range of industries, from climate monitoring and agriculture, to energy, infrastructure and many more. We want to do our part in building a world where every organization is prepared for the challenges of tomorrow.
With a growing team of more than 300 employees spanning 10 countries, Satellogic is a diverse group of purpose-driven professionals across software development, satellite engineering, operations, data science, manufacturing, and sales. We are excited to grow and welcome team members who push the limits, get things done, and never stop learning—all while being humble, honest, and empathetic.
As part of our ambitious growth plans we are expanding our manufacturing and assembly capacity into Europe and are setting up a new high throughput plant (HTP) in the Rotterdam area. In close collaboration with our global teams we will be producing our next generation of satellites in state-of-the-art facilities.These satellites will be instrumental to our goal of building an accurate and up-to-date picture of our world and the many forces that reshape it every day.
About the team
The Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Facilities Manager is part of the engineering team and is responsible for facilitating and ensuring compliance with company practices, regulatory agencies, permits and other applicable laws and standards. The team is always learning and trying to push the limits, relying in part on the large diversity of people’s profiles and backgrounds.
About the position
The EHS & Facilities Manager will engage leaders and employees in a way that improves plant performance by promoting a safety first culture, reducing the risk of safety incidents through training and sound work practices, and providing tools and systems that deliver improved safety performance.
Greater Rotterdam/ Delft Area - At Satellogic we encourage virtual collaboration and teaming across our distributed global workforce and pride ourselves in our flexible and autonomous work culture. For roles that support teams with physical presence in our manufacturing plant we would expect a degree of on-site presence.
Champion a safety first culture:
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with safe workplace programs, policies and procedures that enhance incident prevention and compliance with local regulations.
- Interface directly and appropriately with all regulatory agencies.
- Conduct or coordinate effective training for all employees in areas such as safe-workplace policies, practices, laws and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring and use of safety equipment.
- Prevent industrial accidents, injuries or occupational diseases
- Prepare and submit reports, including but not limited to incident flash reports, monthly reports, and finding reports from incident investigations or facility inspections.
- Inspect facilities, machinery and safety equipment to identify and correct potential hazards and to ensure regulation compliance.
- Assess ergonomic conditions and environment to reduce incidence of muscular-skeletal conditions.
- Review plans and specifications for construction or installation of new equipment to ensure that all safe-workplace requirements have been met.
- Support operational ownership of workplace safety through training and support of behavioral based safety observations, incident investigations, and other company initiatives.
- Audit the facility and site for compliance with company and security standards relevant to the industry
- Lead efforts to ensure security measures and programs are current and well defined. Update SOPs and procedure documents as necessary.
- Provide training to the workforce to ensure security practices are understood and consistently applied.
Experience and skills:
- Manages the contracts for contracted firms performing work on the plant grounds
- Formal qualification in Industrial Safety, Industrial Hygiene or equivalent. Preferred is an academic qualification in the related field
- 5-7 years related experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Fluent in Dutchis essential to deal with the local authorities.
- Our global company language is English, so excellent English skills are required..
- Demonstrated understanding and application of local regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deploy safety programs in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong collaboration, communication, training and coaching skills. Ability to influence behavioral change.
- Training as a first-responder or EMT/paramedic is not required but strongly preferred.
- Industry certifications are not required, but strongly preferred.
Satellogic values diversity and inclusion and is an equal opportunity employer. We are convinced that hiring and developing top talent from around the world for any given discipline will drive innovation, generate new solutions, and deliver a superior product to our global customer base. We work to build an equitable and inclusive environment in which all people, regardless of gender, race, religion, or background, can come together to do their best work.Please specify your pronouns following your name on the application. #1161978