About the company:
is a leading international manufacturer of imaging components for computer vision applications such as cameras, lenses, frame grabbers, software as well as embedded vision solutions, customized products and consulting services. The products are used in a variety of computer vision markets, including factory automation, medical, traffic, logistics, retail, and robotics. Founded in 1988, the Basler Group employs approximately 800 people at its headquarters in Ahrensburg (near Hamburg) and other locations in Europe, Asia and North America.
Currently, we are supporting establishment of new R&D Basler Poland
Centre (located in Kraków, High5ive) which will work independently on creation of software and company’s products. The team will have impact on the vision of products, decisions and new solutions.
Software Product Manager
will be a part of international Software Product Management team that strongly cooperate with Software Developers from R&D Centres as well as Basler’s Clients. The person will report directly to a Head of Software Product Management at Basler AG, located in Ahrensburg.
- The SW Product Management (SWPM) is responsible for the standard image acquisition and image processing software
- Software Product Management is an innovative team, with flat hierarchies and a shared passion for digital technologies and new directions
- The work in the team is characterized by a lot of fun in the joint work
- Requirements Engineering – get connected with Basler’s customers and translate their requests into development requirements
- Requirements Management – have an overview about your active managed backlogs and fit in new requirements
- Face to the (internal) Customer for all AI related product features.
- Develop the roadmap of the AI product and share it with team and stakeholder
- Be part of a team which is fully responsible for whole customer journey within the product
- Do you think a product extension is the future? – proof it with investment calculation and bring it in. It’s your turn.
- How does the future of AI in vision look like? You can develop it with your insights and thoughts and start a new product from scratch
- You are responsible for stakeholder management and you have to synchronize with other business units about requirements
- You are responsible that the releases are in time and budget
- Bachelor or Master in IT related course of study
- Practical knowledge with ecosystems and AI
- 5 years of previous experience as Product Manager/ Product Owner/ Business Analyst, with outstanding skills and ability to take full responsibility for product
- willingness to travel to German HQ required (once a month during onboarding phase, less often after onboarding) and also to subsidiaries (e.g. US or Japan) up to 20%
- Requirements Engineering
- Very good analytical skills, initiative and problem solving skills
- Ability to prepare and communicate complex issues in a structured manner
- Basic knowledge of image vision is desirable
- Hands on mentality and enjoy shaping the AI vision future as part of a small team
- Fluent in English and Polish, German is not necessary, but a plus
- 100% Teamplayer
- Strong communication skills
- A clear vision of where Basler is going, but the individual teams decide how to go about it.
- Your fresh outside perspective is welcome and foster an open culture in which everyone is encouraged to contribute their ideas in a self-directed manner.
- "Work-life balance " is not just an empty phrase: Basler supports employees in caring for children and the elderly and offer flextime and part-time jobs.
- Hybrid working model - mix of working in the office and mobile or remote working.
- First-class IT equipment including notebook, mobile phone and modern workstations
- Fair payment, flextime with overtime reduction, a subsidy for healthcare (e.g. Luxmed), 30 days paid vacation and open communication: on a first-name basis from trainee to board member.